Swedish Philanthropy Summit 2019 © SWEDISH ENTREPRENEURSHIP FORUM i
Swedish Philanthropy Summit 2019
The Swedish Philanthropy Summit 2019 took place in Stockholm on April 1st, 2019.
Culture and creativity are fundamental to growth and welfare in society. Securing sufficient funding is an ever-present issue for the culture sector. Welcome to Swedish Philanthropy Summit 2019 where we will discuss the links between philanthropy, culture and community development. The conference will feature both Swedish and European cultural sector examples of private cultural initiatives as well as scholars, philanthropists and politicians invited to discuss the importance of philanthropy as a complement to public initiatives to spur growth and welfare.
Annika Levin, Board Member of FEDORA, and Edilia Gänz, Director of FEDORA participated in the discussion about best practices in philanthropic cultural initiatives in Europe.
The conference addressed the following topics:
- What is the role of culture for growth, development, attractiveness, and integration?
- How can we as a society increase the role of culture for societal change?
- How does philanthropy contribute to the development of culture?
- What is the role of the public sector for cultural development?
- What are the biggest constraints/possibilities for the development of philanthropy and private financing of culture in Europe?
Please find the full article here.
Discover other stories
20 October 2020
FEDORA's Director, Edilia Gänz was invited on the news programme "Encore!" by FRANCE 24 to talk about the impact of Covid-19 on the performing arts sector...Read more
13 January 2022
Start the new year by developing your management skills! We offer our organisational members pro-bono management coaching sessions in collaboration with the Activision Coaching Institute.Read more