Workshops & Activities © Pexels i
Online workshops & activities
Experience Opera and Ballet Online
Enjoy the digital exciting online workshop and activities offered by our members! On this page we will share information, dates and links to discover these services and inspiring online experiences.
deSingel brings the festival BOUGE B 2021 to you in order to offer you a unique online and offline edition that focuses on new talent, installation art and contemporary dance. Enter the BOUGE B 2021 festival and you'll be able to enjoy it all. Dive into this alternative version of the festival that promises to take you into virtual and hypnotic realms.
- "Land[e]scapes 4" by Jan Fedinger
- "SHY WORKS" by Anne-Lise Brevers
- "Not yet almost there" by Siska Baeck & Maya Callaert
La Monnaie is launching a new series of podcasts called Résonances (in French) / Weerklanken (in Dutch). Fascinating audio stories that introduce and provide a framework for our productions and make interesting listening even without a ticket for a performance.
The first episode explores Mozart’s Der Schauspieldirektor. A double conversation with two theatre directors from an empty KVS about the malaise of Corona, the need for an audience and what a good ‘Schauspieldirektor’ should do.
Discover discussions with the artistic teams behind the latest productions of the Finnish National Opera and Ballet.
- Operameeting in the main foyer: Aida . Artistic director of the Opera Lilli Paasikivi and conductor Hannu Lintu discuss Aida, how the coronavirus pandemic has effected their work.
- Meet the team: Giselle. Meet the team behind Opera and Ballet productions in this topical discussion series hosted by journalist Sami Sykkö. External Relations Manager Heidi Almi and dancer-choreographer Minna Tervamäki talk about the piece and about the everyday life without performances.
In order to maintain its relations with its audiences, Festival d’Aix-en-Provence digitalized their programme “Passerelles”. New and entirely free contents are proposed online to discover the opera, the 2021 programme of the Festival d'Aix
and its set and costume construction workshops.
- Vocal practice workshop by Tania Zolty, Singer, Voice Teacher and Vocal Coach, available in English.
- Workshop on how to make a pop up scale model of an opera set by Sabrina Kenifra, Painter, available in French.
- Workshop on the evolution of the operatic genre by Fédéric Isoletta,
Musical Education Professor, Pianist and Conductor, available in French.
For those of you who miss the Paris National Opera, you may still be inspired by some digital content around their latest productions.
- The marionettes in Aida: don't miss this interview of Lotte de Beer and Mervyn Millar. For this performance Lotte de Beer creates a dialogue between theatrical illusion and puppetry art, in collaboration with Mervyn Millar, designer and director of the marionettes
- Le Chemin des étoiles. Attend an online exhibit on the Ballet of the Paris National Opera and how one becomes an "étoile".
- Opera word for word – Il Trovator. Literary podcast evoking an opera and a stage director’s vision...
How does one become an orchestral musician? What is the purpose of the conductor? Is classical music really for old people? The series of French podcasts "L'Orchestre, mode d'emploi" answers all the questions you may have, or not dare to ask! Through the voices of the artists and staff of the Opera Orchestra, and those of exceptional guests, prepare to travel to each of the orchestra's desks through iconic works, to experience the fire of a season launch, to infiltrate rehearsals and the backstage of concerts.
Discover Intermezzo, the quiz app about opera, classical music and music theatre available in German. Fun acts, surprising stories and crazy anecdotes await you in this quiz. Three whimsical muses test your general knowledge and reward you with laurels and further adventures at the end. No matter whether you are an opera novice or a die-hard classical music fan, the quiz requires above all an alert mind and combination skills. Three different game modes ensure variety and long-lasting fun!
Don't miss FIRST ENCOUNTERS! In three episodes, filmmaker Daisy Long has captured on camera the first weeks of the Ballett am Rhein under the new direction of Demis Volpi. The documentary shows the dancers rehearsing, training and in small scenes at poetic locations in Düsseldorf and Duisburg.
Landestheater Detmold has created its own podcast series in German under the title "QuatschMalSaal" on the diverse topics on and behind the stage and beyond.
- In this episode Dramaturg Anna Neudert asked ballet Director Katharina Torwesten and dancer Marilena Dolgetta these and many other moving questions about dance.
- In this episode Dramaturg Anna Neudert and ballet Director Katharina Torwesten talk about riots and scandals in dance.
Are you curious about what is going on behind the curtain? How do you knot a wig? Why should an assistant director be some sort of a control freak? And in which theatre job is a confident appearance recommended in the face of complete cluelessness? Answers to these and many more questions will be given by employees of the Theatre Magdeburg in the new series "What does...". In entertaining and amusing videos, the interviewees provide insights into their everyday work and explain how they found their way into their jobs.
Dive into the past of the Greek National Opera thanks to their virtual musem! Through this digital experience you will discover more about the performances, the history, the key players, the actors and the sets that transformed the Greek National Opera into the institution we know today.
Discover INO Online, the platform to experience the magic of Irish National Opera free and on demand from the comfort of your own home.
- INO Podcast, the podcast produced in partnership with dlr Libraries, a two part series that explores the different voice types you'll hear in an opera performance, presented by INO Artistic Partner and mezzo-soprano Sharon Carty.
- SERAGLIO THE MINI SERIES, the mini-series based on the opera The Abduction from the Seraglio by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Directed by Caitríona McLaughlin, featuring a cast headed by soprano Claudia Boyle with Peter Whelan conducting the Irish Chamber Orchestra.
Il Regio a Casa tua is a multimedia library of contents, including a documentary on Festival Verdi.
- Tradizione e innovazione, the documentary produced by Reggio Parma Festival, as part of the 2018 special project, directed by Stefano Consiglio, to tell the story of Festival Verdi through images and interviews with the protagonists of the most recent editions.
- Discover "Opera in pill", a video series where the plots of the greatest operas are explained to you in a few minutes. Watch the video on L'Elisir D'Amore by Gaetano Donizetti and the video about Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi.
Keep on dancing! Put on some comfortable clothes, turn your kitchen counter into a barre and dance along with these online ballet classes by Ernst Meisner, artistic coordinator of the Junior Company, and 'tuturials' by Wendeline Wijkstra, dancer of the Corps de Ballet.
Sing along! Cameron Shahbazi, Associate Artist of Dutch National Opera Studio in the season 2019/2020, has found a way to warm up his (opera) voice without driving your neighbours crazy. Using classic pop hits that everybody loves! Experience music by artists like Dolly Parton, Cher and Destiny's Child like never before!
Discover the documentary Life at the Opera - What happens at the Royal Swedish Opera - behind the curtain? Between 550 and 1000 people work here every year. There is a plethora of professional categories here - artistic staff of course but also everything from blacksmiths to naprapaths.
Don't miss the original podcasts produced by the Royal Swedish Opera & Ballet, that break down the plots of famous ballet and opear creations. Learn more about Alice in Wonderland, Pelléas and Mélisandre, Fedora, Medea, Dracula and more!
Discover English National Ballet's Slow TV, a new genre of documentaries that is made to slow down the pace, sit back and relax. Don't miss an exclusive pointe shoe preparation with ENB Artist Amber Hunt!
You can still join a ballet class with Tamara Rojo on YouTube!
In order to keep you motivated while working from home, we are happy to share with you "Monday Motivation", a playlist of 17 episodes of digital workshops performed on YouTube, brought to you by Garsington Opera. Each episode is themed around a different opera and includes a physical warm-up, singing and dancing. Karen Gillingham and team are joined by a special guest musician who performs live.
MOVEment is a unique series of short films uniting fashion, dance and cinema in a radical new way. Sadler’s Wells and AnOther Magazine invited seven of the biggest names in fashion to create bespoke costumes for seven specially choreographed performances, interpreted for the screen by seven pioneering directors.
Three of our favourite MOVEment collaborations are:
Choreographed and performed by dancers of Tanztheater Wuppertal in costumes by Prada; film by Kevin Frilet.
CALVIN KLEIN COLLECTION
Performance by Julie Kent and Jonah Bokaer, with choreography by Jonah Bokaer and costumes by Calvin Klein Collection; film by Daniel Arsham.
Choreographed and performed by Marie-Agnès Gillot in a costume by Alexander McQueen; film by Daniel Askill.