priscilla-du-preez-432_UfGLmTA-unsplash © i
Members and Development Trainee (Internship)
FEDORA - The European Circle of Philanthropists of Opera and Ballet (www.fedora-platform.com) is a non-profit organisation that supports creativity and innovation in opera and ballet. Through its funding programmes, the FEDORA Prizes Biennale and the “Next Stage” Grants, FEDORA provides both funding opportunities and capacity-building to their network of around 100 opera houses and dance companies all over Europe.
FEDORA - Members and Development Trainee Internship Offer
(Apply before 01/02/2022)
We are looking for someone to join our young and international team as Members and Development Trainee under the supervision of the Members and Development Coordinator.
The Members and Development Department at FEDORA manages a philanthropy programme that creates meaningful experiences for members and donors while raising funds to sustain the association’s activities including the FEDORA Prizes Biennale, the “Next Stage” Grants, capacity-building for opera houses and dance companies, FEDORA Events and more. Main tasks include identifying, researching, securing, and stewarding financial support from individuals, companies and foundations.
The Trainee reports to the Members and Development Coordinator, but will work closely with all team members to gain insights about the work in a cultural organisation.
The Trainee will learn about membership management, individual and corporate sponsorship, assist with special projects and events, and help prospect new donors and create impact reports.
The Trainee will gain an understanding of fundraising strategies and tactics for a non-profit organisation, operating knowledge of accounting and CRM system management softwares, non-profit budget management and project finance, business skills related to cultural institutions and expand their personal and professional skills and network.
A) Fundraising and Development
- Prospect identification, including online research and creating donor profiles
- Drafting fundraising material and proposals
- Assisting with data processing and mailings
Donors and Memberships Management
- Preparation of follow up correspondence with donors, including multilingual thank you letters and emails
- Preparation of donor tours, donor meetings and donors events
- Creating and managing invitation and mailing lists for donors events
B) Cultural Network Management
The Members and Development Trainee will help manage and grow the FEDORA network that is composed of around 100 organisations (opera houses, dance companies, festivals…) in 26 countries.
- Contribute to develop and promote FEDORA’s cultural organisations network
- Membership campaign: calls, emails, etc.
- Prepare follow-ups with organisational members
- Assist in the coordination of the pro-bono management coaching programme
- Assist with membership administration management: invoicing, thank you emails and website updates
C) VIP Ticket Services & Events
One of the advantages FEDORA provides to its community of donors is VIP access to European opera houses.
- Assist in the preparation of ticket packages for donors
- Follow up with donors on their experience
- Assistance in the preparation of FEDORA’s events such as the FEDORA Nominee Announcement Event
Education & work experience
Final year of Master’s degree in any field, preferably business administration, cultural management, marketing or fundraising
Previous experience in fundraising, sales or event management is preferable
Outstanding organisational, planning and time-management skills
Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
Strong customer service and public relations skills
Proactive and independent work style, with good team spirit
Rigor, attention to detail and willingness to learn
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere), Google tools (Google drive suite, YouTube, Analytics, etc.), GESCOM, or Salesforce is an advantage
English (fluent written and spoken)
French (fluent written and spoken)
Additional languages are an advantage
As of February/March 2022 (6 months)
HOW TO APPLY
600,60€ per month + 50% public transport ticket + access to the company cafeteria
FEDORA, Palais Garnier, 8 rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France and remote working