monica-sauro-iXepMv9x_mg-unsplash © i
Events and Development Trainee
FEDORA - The European Circle of Philanthropists of Opera and Ballet (www.fedora-platform.com) is a non profit organisation that wishes to make a significant contribution to the emergence of a new generation of artists and to the future of opera and ballet.
To this end, FEDORA raises through private and corporate sponsorship funds to support new creations that redefine opera and dance.
Through its Prizes Competition, FEDORA awards four Prizes, the FEDORA Opera Prize, the FEDORA - VAN CLEEF & ARPELS Prize for Ballet, which are given to co-productions led by teams of artists who are committed to the creation of an innovative opera or ballet, the FEDORA Prize for Education that encourages social integration and intercultural dialogue, and the FEDORA Digital Prize for digital innovation on and beyond the stage. This unique competition has been recognized as the “world’s largest competition for opera and ballet”.
Through its Platform co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union, FEDORA showcases innovative new opera and ballet initiatives to reach out to new audiences and builds an ecosystem and new funding models for the performing arts.
We are looking for someone to join our young and international team as Events and Development Trainee under the supervision of the Events and Development Coordinator.
- Boost philanthropy in Europe by helping us build a strong community of donors who share the same values and contribute to the future of opera and ballet
- Contribute to develop and promote FEDORA’s cultural organisations network
- Assistance in membership subscriptions administration while reporting to senior management
- Assistance in coordinating activities for members and development of additional offers
- Preparation of marketing material
- Help organize digital activities in collaboration with FEDORA’s network of cultural organizations, individual and corporate members
- Preparation of made-to-measure ticketing proposals for our international corporate and individual donors
- Assistance in the preparation of our major annual FEDORA Prizes Award Ceremony
Education & work experience
- Master’s degree in any field, preferably business administration, cultural management, marketing or fundraising
- Previous experience in fundraising, sales or event management is preferable
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding organisational, planning and time-management skills
- Proactive and independent work style, with good team spirit
- Strong customer service and public relations skills
- Attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere) and Google tools (Google drive suite, YouTube, Analytics, etc.) is an advantage
- English (fluent written and spoken)
- French (fluent written and spoken)
- Additional languages are an advantage
April 5th, 2021 - July 30th, 2021
(flexible starting date)
HOW TO APPLY
Letter of motivation and CV, both in two versions, one in English and one in French
600,60€/month + 50% public transport ticket + access to the company cafeteria
Paris and home office
Palais Garnier, 8 rue Scribe