About FEDORAFEDORA - The European Circle of Philanthropists of Opera and Ballet
is a non-profit organisation that supports creativity and innovation in opera and dance. Through its funding programmes, the FEDORA Prizes and the Next Stage Grants, FEDORA provides both funding opportunities and capacity-building to its network of over 100 opera houses and dance companies all over Europe.
Internationally recognized as the largest opera and dance competition and as the leading European Platform for new work in opera and dance, FEDORA aims to contribute to the future of these art forms. Four prizes are awarded to promising teams who collaborate on the creation of new opera and dance co-productions, and on the involvement and education of new and young audiences. The Next Stage Grants are attributed to projects that drive innovation through sustainable, inclusive and digital transformation on, behind and beyond the stage.
We are looking for a new team member to join our young and international team as General Management Trainee under the supervision of the Project Coordinator.
The Trainee reports to the Director and Project Coordinator, but will work closely with all team members to gain insights about the work in a cultural organisation.
Assistant to the Director:
- Assistance with meeting preparations and scheduling
- Preparation and follow-up of team meetings
- Managing the calendar and travel agenda for the Director
- Assistance in legal and financial coordination matters under the supervision of FEDORA’s Director and Project Coordinator
- Assistance in the preparation of Board Meeting and General Assembly documents and reports
Cross-departmental Project Collaboration:
- Assistance on specific projects in collaboration with the Fundraising, Communications, and Funding Programmes Department to better track and boost impact
- Tracking of EU-funded activities’ advancement and results in collaboration with other team members
- Research on public and private funding opportunities in Europe
- Benchmarking and marketing research on specific topics defined by general management
Education & work experience
- Master’s degree in any field, preferably business administration, cultural management, marketing or fundraising
- Outstanding organisational, planning and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong customer service and public relations skills
- Proactive and independent work style, with good team spirit
- Rigour, attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- English (fluent written and spoken)
- French (fluent written and spoken)
- Additional languages are an advantage
As of September 2023 (6 months).
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a letter of motivation and CV in English or in French.
15 June 2023.
Pre-selected candidates will be interviewed in June-July.
- Palais Garnier, 8 rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
- 79 rue du mont Saint Cenis, 75018 Paris, France
- Remote working
Internship wage according to legislation in France + 50% public transport ticket + access to the company cafeteria.